So you just got married, or you have been married for years and you still struggle around the holiday season about whose traditions to continue. Well I know the holiday season is rough when it’s no longer just your traditions in play. So what better way to help ease the transition than starting some traditions with your spouse this year! Here are some traditions to start this holiday season!
4. Participate in Operation Christmas Child (via the Samaritan’s Purse) and fill a box together.
5. Give each other or buy together one ornament that represents a specific highlight from your year together.
6. Volunteer your time together somewhere in the community, whether it be a soup kitchen, children’s home, hospital. Bring the holiday spirit to those in need.
7. Start an Advent devotional, bringing yourselves closer to God and each other.
8. Host a Christmas party for all your friends.
9. Make Christmas cookies together, frosting and decorating them like you did as a kid!
10. Find the local holiday light displays and take a drive with your hubby! Don’t forget to snap a few pictures of this magical time of year!
So here are my ideas! Comment below and tell me some of your favorite holiday traditions from your family!
12/16/2016 02:00:52 pm
I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm a newly wed and I'm young myself, so I love finding other young married couples in the blog world.
12/16/2016 02:05:16 pm
Hi Meghan!! I'm so glad you found this blog too!! I hope you keep reading and following!
Leave a Reply.